Prime Minister Narendra Modi had adopted ‘Jayapur’ village in Varanasi on 7 November 2014 under the Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana. And now the transformation of the village is the reason for the neighbouring villages to envy with the village. But no mainstream media will show you this positive story of ‘Narendra Modi Ka Gaon’.
Here are the reasons for other villages’ envy:
1. Jayapur is the only village in the region to have two bank branches – The Syndicate Bank and The Union Bank of India.
2. Jayapur is equipped with around 25 Bio-Toilets.
3. Jayapur is soon to get an exclusive Wi-Fi Zone.
4. Jayapur is equipped with street lighting facility. Around 145 solar street lights have already been installed in the village.
5. There is also a proposal for a solar pump in the village.
6. PM Modi is also planning to set up some industries in the village which will generate employment.
7. Unlike other villages, one can not come across garbage in this village as cleaning is done not only by the authorities but by the villagers themselves.
So, this is why the Jayapur makes the neighbouring villages envy with ‘Modi Ka Gaon’.
Here is the report published in The Indian Express Newspaper about the village: